Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring Center
Head of Department:
Phone: (+37460) 623553
Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring (CSIAM) is acting within the Institute of Informatics and Automation problems, NAS RA starting from January, 2010. CSIAM is composed of three subdivisions:
- Research and Forecast;
- Data Collection and Elaboration;
- Statistics and Analysis.
These subdivisions study the issues of science and technology development, implement monitoring of the field, prepare statistical and analytical data, as well as make predictions and assessments of the field of science in the Republic of Armenia.
Head of Direction Shushanik Sargsyan
Scientometrics aims at objectively characterizing science development by statistical analysis of scientific information. Scientometrics is the study of measuring and analyzing science, technology and innovation. Major research issues include the measurement of impact, reference sets of articles to investigate the impact of journals and institutes, understanding of scientific citations, mapping scientific fields and the production of indicators for use in policy and management contexts. This is intended to measure the efficiency of scientific field, especially in deciding financial, strategic and scientific priorities.
Modern scientometrics is mostly based on the work of Derek J. de Solla Price and Eugene Garfield. The latter created the Science Citation Index and founded the Institute for Scientific Information which is heavily used for scientometric analysis.
Starting form 2013 CSIAM jointly with the Russian Scintific Electronic Library (eLibrary) is implementing the project “Assessment of Scientific Activity of Scientific Ties between the RA and RF Researchers Based on Citation Databases”. Within the project the bibliometric description of the Armenian journals for 2007-2012 was prepared. We have made data cleaning for the Armenian authors and organizations registered in E-Library. Dozens of Armenian journals were also registered and indexed in eLibrary databases.
We have also implemented a bibliometric research of joint Armenian-Russian scientific grants organized by the State Committee of Sciences of the RA and the Russian Foundation for Humanities Scientific and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
For this purpose we have used three databases: AINC, RINC and WOS.
CSIAM together with some other Armenian, Georgian and European institutions and universities is a partner in one of the TEMPUS projects “ARMAZEG: Life-long Learning in Transcaucasia: E-Learning”. The aim of this project is to import and develop the idea of E-Learning in partner institutions.
- Scientific and Technical Peer-Review of International Grant Projects, Bulletin of the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring, № 6, 2015։
- Comparative analysis of the scientific output of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia Edita G. Gzoyan, Lusine A. Hovhannisyan, Sofya A. Aleksanyan, Narine A. Ghazaryan, Simon R. Hunanyan, Ahmed Bourghida, Shushanik A. Sargsyan, Scientometrics, January 2015, Volume 102, Issue 1, pp 195-212։
- Modern Trends in Science: Scientometrics. Bulletin of the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring, № 5, 2014։
- Scientific and Technical Peer-Review, Bulletin of the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring,, № 4, 2013։
- Sargsyan Sh., Gzoyan E., Ghazaryan N.. Hovhannisyan L., Iskandaryan E., Impact Factor: Assessing Science in Numbers, 21st Century, , 2013, N1, էջ 100-116:
- Gzoyan E. G. The role of governmental and non-governmental organizations (including international organizations) in enlarging the interstate mobility of scientists and professionals in humanities and social sciences in Armenia. International Conference (19-23 October 2011, Kiev, Ukraine) 118-120.
- H index and Ranking in Scientometrics, Bulletin N3, Center for the Scientific Information Monitoring and Analysis, Yerevan 2012, 45 p.
- Sargsyan Sh., Ghazaryan N.. Hovhannisyan L., Iskandaryan E., Ayvazyan N., Comarative Analysis of the Armenian Scientific Journals Impact Factor for 2009-2010, 21st Century, 1, 2012, 56-69:
- N. Ayvazyan, E. Gzoyan, ‘The Appraisal of CIS States Intellectual Capital’, Banber Erevani hamalsarani, Social Sciences (2012)136.5: 50-60.
- Ayvazyan N., Gzoyan E. Mapping the intellectual capital of Post Soviet States. Service Innovation Yearbook 2011-2012, European Commission Information Society & Media, pp. 138-147.
- Modern Description of Social Sciences and Humanities, Bulletin N2, Center for the Scientific Information Monitoring and Analysis, Yerevan 2011, 79 p.
- E. Gzoyan, A. Mailyan, L. Stepanyan, S. Mkrtchyan, N. Ayvazyan ‘Social Sciences and Humanities in Post-Soviet states’, Dar 21 (2011) 3: 61-79
- A. Mailyan, L. Stepanyan, E. Gzoyan, S. Mktrchyan, ‘Comparative analysis of the International Practice on the management of Humanities’, Hanrajin Kravarum 1, 2011.1: 39-50,