Exciting Opportunity Alert: Industrial Ph.D. Call for Applications!
Personalization of music, categorization and recommendation
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Our cutting-edge Industrial Ph.D. program is now open for applications, offering a unique chance to blend research and industry experience.
About the Program:
Embark on a transformative journey that unites the expertise of the academic prowess of the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of NAS RA (IIAP) and industry leader at Naghashyan Solutions. This immersive Industrial Ph.D. program goes beyond traditional learning, fusing theory and practice to equip you with advanced skills and real-world exposure.
About the Partners:
IIAP is a dynamic, forward-thinking research educational center. IIAP offers innovative academic education, conducts pioneering scientific research, and plays a crucial service-providing role in society. IIAP is one of the giant, most international, and most innovative research centers for Computer Science in Armenia. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future that you can help shape. The Group of Applied Virtual Reality and Interpretation in the Department of Discrete Mathematics (AVRI) is excited to collaborate with Naghashyan Solutions, a leading company in the field of music technology and AI. Naghashyan Solutions, known for their creation of IMUSIC Portal a decade ago, brings deep expertise in music and the science behind it. Their partnership enriches the Industrial Ph.D. program by bridging academic excellence with real-world industry insights in music categorization and recommendation automation.
Ambitious minds with a passion for research, innovation, and collaboration. Whether you're a recent graduate or a seasoned professional, if you're eager to make a meaningful impact, this program is designed for you.
Areas of Focus:
- You hold a Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Digital Signal Processing or equivalent.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- You have excellent English communication skills.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Armenian will be taken favourably into account.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- Previous experience in research-like activities and data analytics (e.g., demonstrated in the form of a master thesis, published research articles or previous documented work experience) will be taken favourably into account.
- Knowledge of Python, Julia and cloud computation is recommended.Your academic conduct code aligns with the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia.
- Your research qualities aline with the faculty of Informatics and Applied Mathematics of YSU.
The Ph.D. thesis in Music categorization and recommendation automation is on a project entitled "Personalization of audio description and rendering processes". This project takes an empirical and experimental approach, combining qualitative and quantitative methods used in Artificial Intelligence with its Machine Learning and Data Science. In the first stage of the project, you will study signal processing and machine learning mathematics in deep. In the second stage, user requirements to the music recommendation system will be determined with subsystems of music genre classification, regimes of service provision, learning and evaluating recommenders.
- You will work on this doctoral project within the AVRI research group (https://iiap.sci.am).
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project in collaboration with two supervisors and the group members.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching, research and organizational support tasks for the Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering of the International Scientific-Educational Center of NAS RA https://www.isec.am/en/home.html.
- You will carry out a limited number of tasks for the editorial board of the Journal of Mathematical Problems of Computer Science.
- The practical part of the research will be organized by Naghashyan Solutions in their innovative office environment.
Collaborate with industry giants for hands-on experience.Work on real-world projects that drive innovation.Obtain your Ph.D. while honing practical skills.Doctoral scholarship for three years with a monthly scholarship equal to 250.000AMD.Join the scientific team of the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of NAS RA.
Application Deadline: 01 October, 2023
For Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 010 282040
Application Link: https://shorturl.at/fEI03
Don't miss your chance to advance your career while contributing to cutting-edge research. Join us on this transformative journey that combines academia with industry impact. Apply now and redefine what's possible!